Tips for planning your Employee Holiday Party.
- Decide on a theme to break the ice or formality of the event. An Ugly Sweater party, winter wonderland, Christmas masquerade, toys for tots fundraising, Christmas around the world, Holiday Ho Down, etc.
- Let the games begin and include activities such as a white elephant exchange, bring in darts, a riding bull, ping pong, etc. Improve teamwork and morale with activities to break up the seriousness of the event and bring people together laughing and celebrating.
- To save money consider having your event on a weeknight or after the New Year. At Barn at Bay Horse our weekday rates are much less for the venue fee. Also, many other vendors, such as the DJ and caterer will have lower rates during the week.
- Offer drink tickets if you are concerned about employees overindulging and losing control.
- You might consider sharing some office etiquette tips with younger staff members prior to the event. Here's a great article you could forward by Forbes.
- Remember it's a fun night out to celebrate your colleagues and years success. Avoid work talk and instead focus on getting to know your team better on a personal level.